Hurray!!! 🕺 Wait … its not a win, instead a nomination for the award. I am extremely grateful and honored to be nominated for the 2018 Liebster Award!
It was start of the weekend, sensing Saturday morning blues, took my mobile and there was notification from Supriya that read “A Liebster Award Nomination”, I couldn’t believe my eyes, I double checked that I am not dreaming on getting nominated for the award where bloggers all over the world participate, I just felt ecstatic on knowing this is really happening 😃
I am thankful to Supriya from Traxplorers for nominating Trail Less Travellers for the Liebster Award 2018. Why not? take a look on her blog TRAXPLORERS, and get inspired on how a family plans on a trip and what inspires them to keep travelling.
A beautiful family of three (Supriya, Adi and Karen), three like a shape of a triangle, world’s strongest shape. Inside them, there is a wanderer who needs to quench the thirst of wanderlust. Supriya and Adi, both have itchy feet and are always looking for a chance, whether it is for a day, a weekend or a week off to travel someplace new.
What is The Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers by the other bloggers. It is all about discovering and supporting new bloggers. To recognize and acknowledge the good work of fresh, new bloggers in the field. The whole idea is to connect and support the blogging community. It feels so privileged to be a part of this supportive community.
Rules of the Award
- Announce your nomination and thank the blogger who nominated you in the post and link back to their blog.
- List the Liebster Award rules with a link to The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2018.
- Display the Award logo in your blog post/on your blog.
- Answer the 10 questions the blogger asked you.
- Create 10 unique and interesting questions for your nominees.
Questions by TRAXPLORERS to Trail Less Travellers and my Answers to them:
1. How do you define yourself? An explorer or traveler?
I will define myself as an explorer as my travel doesn’t get fulfilled without exploring the destination. Since most of my travel is to offbeat locations, the unfamiliar atmosphere drives me to explore and learn more about the place. And blogging on the same not only helps me to relive the moments and also to share the beauty/uniqueness to fellow Travellers.
2. Have you gone on a road trip with a kid? What it was like? Do you glad for that or regret?
No, haven’t been with a kid. Time and situation has not come yet 😝
3. Where do you prefer to stay at your traveling destination? A luxury hotel/Airbnb/Guest house/ any other place. Why?
Airbnb and guest house. Since I travel in a group, it is ideal for us to rent an entire property to feel ourselves as in home, and it’s the living room in the homestay that hosts the fun events.
4. What is your unpleasant experience on your travel? If any.
Yes there’s one such, it was during the return journey from Horsey hills. We were in 4 bikes, it was a downpour and the visibility just few meters in front of us, riding became very challenging, with 150 km left to reach we decided to drive one behind other following the trail of the tail lamps. Witnessed wreckage on the roads and suddenly in front a biker was down, we all stopped and rushed to help him out. In the roaring rain we also heard a cry for help, no street lights, the surrounding was completely dark and after few minutes of search we found a boy, carried him with blood flowing like a waterfall from his mouth, he was hit by the biker. That was the most dreadful and unpleasant experience ever. With all the helping we tried to ride but just for few meters, I/we were not able to continue with the happening running on our mind. We waited till the rain eased out before starting our ride back.
5. Any adventure story during your travel?
Ha ha, adventurous one happened when I/we were exploring Masinagudi. When everyone from the town asked us not to drive on bikes through the forest, the word NOT insisted us to take the challenge and to end up witnessing an adult bear 🐨 hanging on a tree which was few meters away from the road and then suddenly a sambar deer 🦌 jumping high crossing from one end to the other side of the road, it went on a flash. That’s when we looked at each other and said “should have listened to people words…”
6. What is your best experience of traveling to unexplored/off-beat-destination?
Rides taken during the Year 2017 were all best and most memorable one. To pick one I would rate the ride to Munnar from Thekkady. Entire 91 kms of the ride on the Western Ghats was a rain filled one. Just ❤ it.
7. Are you a planner or do you like to be spontaneous?
I am a spontaneous traveller, as those trips are most thrilling than the planned ones. Ride to Jog falls is my best example.
8. What is your favorite destination for vacations? Mountains or Beaches? Why?
For a person like me who likes to trek, options are not considered when Mountain is in the list, I always prefer mountains. It makes me feel as if I am on top of the world after the tiresome and the weary climb, the arial view that lays in front of you, is just mesmerizing.
9. What would you prefer to choose- Travel in Space or luxury vacations at your favorite place on earth?
Travel in space.
10. What is your hot tip to travel the world?
Plan as little as possible, get Souvenirs and Travel with no expectation, as each and every destination has its own uniqueness.
My Nomination for Liebster Award 2018
Vaibhav Mehta – an Indian, actor, dancer, singer, traveller & a travel blogger, Born in Rajasthan & brought up in Hyderabad, and an engineering graduate. I feel life’s too short & precious to be spent just in one’s home or an office cubicle. The world has innumerable sights, experiences, memories that are waiting to happen and my selfish self just wants to be a part of all of them.
Shruti manages Picturer. This blog is a collection of images and words put together from the plethora of experiences life has rewarded and sometimes, punished with.
Anand, currently an employee & working in a 9 to 5 job aspires to travel the world & experience the wonders engulfed in it. To capture his experiences, Anand has started this blog. His first solo trip was to China; and it was on my 27th Birthday, this was the trip that ignited his love for travelling even further.This blog would guide one towards the adventurous travel that suits within the budget.
An Electronics and Telecom Engineer, who has been bitten badly by a travel bug and is not seeking the cure for it, that’s him Parveen Dua. A travel planner, a wanderer, a trekker and a story teller. Parveen have been to 10 + countries, but love to explore nook and corner of India. Parveen likes to take-up challenges, and open for any kind of travel assignments.
Question for Nominees
- What type of traveller are you? The Collector, The Thrill-Seeker or The Escapist? And Why?
- What is that makes you to keep on travelling and from where or whom you get inspired?
- Are you a solo traveler or prefer to travel in a group?
- What is your greatest fear when it comes to travel? If any?
- How do you choose your next destination?
- What is that one thing that you gather or do to mark the remembrance on visiting the place?
- Why do you blog on your travel?
- What is the most unforgettable moment in your travel life?
- What travel has taught you?
- This might sound ridiculous, let’s get ready for some hilarious answers 😄, If you manage to find the magical lamp at the Cave of Wonders and release The Genie out of it, what would be the 3⃣ wishes you want to be granted by Genie?
Thank Supriya for recognizing and nominating, as always keep up the great work and keep following your heart.