Welcoming 2018 in Heaven – Goa. Best New Year celebration ever, never before and never again. Happy new Year readers.
This post features essential information that would be helpful for first time visitors to Goa. This post solely describes our experience over the four days (Dec 30, 2017 to Jan 2, 2018) and we believe this would give a clue on deciding over the everlasting confusion of choosing between North Goa and South Goa.
This was a car trip from Bangalore featuring Anil, Harish, Me (Koushik K) and Yatinder.
Note: Information on places has been included, unlike other posts this will not answer what, why and how the celebrations were
Prices may vary depending on the occasion and your flexibility on the spending. At an appro. for a 4 day trip it would cost between 8,000 to 12,000 (inclusive of party)
North Goa – 1) If you’re a beach lover expecting for electrifying vibes and lively surrounding then north goa is likely to be your destination.
2) Humidity is high comparatively, but that will never be a factor when you’re in the sea swimming and battling with the tides and relaxing with a fresh juice/snacks in your beach bed under the sunshade.
3) Best sea food restaurant – Curlies at Anjuna Beach (Do try it out)
South Goa – 1) Calm/secluded beaches, life guard will be present though. Kind of private beach feel, best to be with your partner.
2) Humidity is lower than north Goa.
3) High life, Casinos, if you’re to spend luxurious on party’s then South goa is you’re place to be.
4) Best sea food restaurant – Spice Goa, Panjim
Goa Cuisine – Xacuti recipe, a spice prepared in Goa including white poddy seeds, sliced or grated coconut and large dried red chillies. Usually prepared with chicken or Lamb, Chicken Xacuti, Chicken Cafirial, Mutton Xacuti, Mutton Cafirial. And in deed what’s without sea food, lobsters, prawns, crabs and varieties of fish, but try these out only in restaurants as the beach hotels don’t prepare them as they are supposed to.
We being a beach freaks, we landed in North goa and went on for the exploration on each and every beach, we saved South Goa for the last day.
Listing out in the way we visited. We booked our stay at Vagator.
Day 1: 30 Dec 2017
- Calangute – Best for Morning Walk and Sunset. Water sports, comparatively not as fun as in Baga
- Baga – Best for Sunset/late afternoon, affordable water sports/food/drinks
- Anjuna – Food/drink/party and night life
Day 2: 31 Dec 2017 New Year Eve
- Vagator – Best for sunrise and Party at Vagator hill top (only during the festive nights)
- Morjim – Best for whole day visit, major attraction during sunset at affordable price
- Ashwem – Best for Sunset and Party
- Anjuna – New year eve party the Night Life
Day 3: 1 Jan 2018
- Candolim – Best for Sunset, expensive on water sports/food/drink
- South Goa – The Casino Land
- Cruise party, Casino at Cruise/7 Star Hotel a party land.
- The Grand Hyatt, Panjim – Casino: 2000* entry fee per person. 2500 rs worth play coins with drinks and snacks served at play table and complementary dinner (buffet) until 1 AM.
- Casino Pride – Cruise Casino (will not be moving, a stable cruise casino) 2000* entry fee per person, 1500 rs worth play coins with drinks and snacks served at play table and complementary dinner until 1 AM.
- Deltin jack – Cruise Casino (will not be moving, a stable cruise casino) 4000* entry fee per person, 3000 rs worth play coins with drinks and snacks served at play table and complementary dinner until 1 AM.
Day 4: 2 Jan 2018
Stay at Panjim.
- Marimar beach – Calm and pleasant beach.
- St. Francis Xavier Church/Bom Jesus Basilica – nearly 500 years old church, A UNESCO world Heritage Site.
Photos of each in chronological order.
Best for Morning Walk and Sunset. Water sports, comparatively not as fun as in Baga.
Best for Sunset/late afternoon, affordable water sports/food/drinks.
Food/drink/party and night life
Kongming Lanterns flying all over the sky carrying wishes on the New Year eve.
Best for sunrise and Party at Vagator hill top (only during the festive nights)
Best for whole day visit, major attraction during sunset at affordable price.
Best during Sunset and Party
Best for Sunset, expensive on water sports/food/drink
The Casino Land
And yes we also won using the play chips. Play chips exchanged for money… money money money money ..
Calm and pleasant beach.
St. Francis Xavier Church/Bom Jesus Basilica
Nearly 500 years old church, A UNESCO world Heritage Site