Featured for:       

Trek Distance: Approximately 4 KM

Difficulty: Challenging

Best Time to Visit: Monsoon

Things to Carry: Pair of Trekking shoes, Water bottles, Snacks, Match sticks

Oct 15,

A trip filled with mixed feelings, in fact the first long trip with this crew. Had all the things needed for the ride geared up including the customized shirts. Three bikes, five member and the plan was to start for the journey by 04:30 and get together with the team at Kanakapura nice road toll at 05:00. Krishna travelling from Hosur, Ravi and Raghu from electronic city, me and Anji from JP nagar.

The entire stretch was shrouded in fog, looking mysterious. Weather was cold enough that it was easy for us to drive, we raged through the cold winds at par 90’s, we had almost crossed 70 KM in 30 minutes, then by 6:30 we stopped by a tea shop for refreshing, we ordered 5 cups of tea. Unpacked the biscuits, it’s always a charm to have hot tea with biscuits in the cold weather.

The Crew

9:00 Reached Mysuru, had our breakfast before visiting the palace. There used to be three entrance and on that day the original entrance was changed making it a havoc to reach, each people going on their own direction, making us to go round and round and round the palace thrice before getting together.

It was historic inside, ancient sculptures, we were all mesmerized by the paintings on the wall, the battle ground, majestic king thrown, and while ascending to the top where Raja used to stand and greet people there was the statue of Mysuru raja, it was so real that we mistook it for a real person dressed alike. Unfortunately phots were not allowed inside the palace.

Next on our list was Nisargadhama reservoir which was 70 odd KM away from Mysuru. 13:30 We stopped for lunch in the highways hotel. Me, Raghu and Krishna ordered parotta and egg curry while Anji and Ravi ordered veg meals. Photos snapped and in the gallery.

15:30 Reached Nisargadhama reservoir, Initially we thought is it worth the visit, this doesn’t seem to be entertaining. There were few people returning, enquired and mentioned it is worth visiting. We got our selves the ticket and the entrance itself turned us on with the walk on the hanging bridge. The reservoir had all the entertainment needed for a gang of people, tree house, abandoned path where Krishna, Ravi and Anji denied to come, it was quite creepy and mysterious such that Raghu missed his brand new coolers. While we both were rushing out of the abandoned area, the rest three were feeding the deer.

After few meters of walk, we were able to hear the sound of the water flow, Me and Raghu rushed on, I said am going in, who are besides me, Raghu instantly acknowledged, Krishna instantly acknowledged with a no, so do Anji and Ravi. I went in, Raghu followed me, within seconds, Ravi came in the waters, suddenly Krishna went off sight, and we were looking around for him. He came out behind the tree securing his shoes and in to the water, then after few minutes Anji too came in. Just imagine after a long drive and you see the nature’s most valuable resource spread around and welcoming you.

17:30 We started from nisargadhama reservoir, making sure we had all our belongings. 45 KM away from madikeri, out of which 30 KM was drive through the ghat section, curves and turns for every few meters, we all were battling against the wind and it was like me and Raghu were in a drag race for nearly 15 minutes. And out of nowhere Krishna would come passing us, keeping me and Raghu wondering. The temperature was cold that made me and Raghu talk while driving to come here again by late night (only in words)


19:00 We reached the Misty home stay, and gave a call to the owner. The owner sent a person and he guided us to our stay and we were satisfied with the 3 BHK, infact it exceeded our expectation.

We all refreshed and by 20:30 went for supper.

Rest for the saying ____________________

Oct 16,

04:30 Off went my alarm. We all got ready as soon as possible, and by the time every one were ready it was almost 5:45, we planned to leave room by 5. 6:00 It was icy chill outside, we were able to see fumes of fog staged over the sky in front of us. Amazing view it was, and we all were eager for the ride. In the meantime Krishna yelling, don’t forget to pack the snacks in order to lessen the weight of the bag.

Sharp by 6 we started to tadiandamol peak. We needed to take mangalore road for a while in order to reach the peak. The ride was simply superb, early morning, icy chill weather, hands dead, and the mesmerizing beauty of nature. We were descending, and we found a perfect spot for photoshoot, a group photo, crazy stills, took as many photos as we could. We again lost 30 min on that stop.

Slowly started to follow the rhythm of the mist and nature. The drive was cutting through the fog and repeatedly we wanted to clear the helmet visors regularly that was covered up with fog. It was almost ghat section and the Mangalore road was crystal clear such that I forgot the person who had the navigation on and went almost 12 KM ahead in a wrong route, and Krishna following me. The worst thing was on realizing we were on the wrong route and when to contact Raghu, none of our cell phone had network leaving us to wait until Raghu reach us. Learnt that other than BSNL no network would work here. 10 min of wait until Raghu and Ravi reaches, a good long conversation on the do not’s before marching towards Tadiandamol peak.

7:30 We reached the base of Tadiandamol peak. The sign board showed 7 KM more. On the start the road seemed to be easy and flat, but just after 750 meters, the steepy road started, and going on even the roads were not good, it was tough to drive, we came to a point where our engines would give up, had to park our vehicles in a villagers home on paying.

First trek for all of us and we were thrilled. Krishna showed us where he was waiting for us with his apache. We all were surprised, how did his Apache cross the steep. We spent the time over the reserve forest to the maximum, there was a canal passing by, we all got down, took photos.

4 KM trek with last 2 KM being the weariest, huge rocks to trek through. The entire stretch of our trek was spectacular, the view of entire city, the fresh air, breath of virgin oxygen, flora and fauna, feel of our muscles getting stretched out and the pleasure of conquering the second largest peak in Karnataka 1780 mts. Better advised to go on with a good trekking shoes.

11:15 Our trek was done, a weary one. Food was ready had our breakfast before starting to Chellavara falls.

The road leading to the falls is not that good, but worth the drive on reaching the falls. It was restricted to enter the waters, but rules are only on the sign boards. Krishna being the first to enter the water until the security came to push people out of the water.

14:30 Started from Chellavara falls, had our lunch and a power nap at homestay before leaving coorg.

17:30 Had the coffee that the room keeper served as the coorg special coffee. Started from Coorg, had the plan to stop by nisargadhama for purchase of homemade chocolates, with Krishna in place, he got us a good bargain on each and every purchase we had.

16:45 Had a short talk, known for sure of the night journey, the plan was to drive safe, stay within the limits and most importantly stay within the sights since the night journey is not too good with bike riders. As expected night ride was challenging, we came across drag racers, merciless truck and car drivers had no sympathy for vehicles. 20:30 reached Mysuru, with 150 KM more left.

Clock striking 00:30 we all reached mysuru to Bangalore nice road toll from where we needed to split. Thanked each other and wished for future rides, finally at 1:00 everyone acknowledging on reaching home. A selfie on leaving.